Tuesday, November 3, 2009
We started out with a great weekend but who could have guessed that it could change so fast? We were getting ready to leave for trick-or-treating (literally walking out the door), Austin comes running in the house holding his hand, which is dripping blood. We both rush to the bathroom in shock as his hand is literally gushing blood all over the sink. I have never seen anyone bleed so much! Of course, we weren't sure how bad the cut was, as we had hand towels covering it and didn't want to remove the pressure, but when Austin soaked through 2 hand towels in about as many minutes and passed out cold on the floor - I grabbed my phone and called 911. Thank goodness we live 2 blocks from the Police station! We had a Police Officer, an Ambulance and a Fire Truck there within 4 minutes. Needless to say, I was nearly hysterical!
We were so grateful that he wasn't serious enough to require an ambulance ride, so I rushed him to the ER. So there began our 4 hour wait in the ER. When he got cleaned up and we finally saw the doctor, we found out that he had a deep, 2 inch laceration on his thumb. So, 7 stitches and a Tetanus shot later, we finally left and drove home to a quiet house. Halloween was over, and we had missed the highlight of trick or treating with our kids.
Since our ordeal, I have been a bit behind in my orders but am finally getting my shop and production back on track. So, I have had my fill of Halloween terror and gore for the rest of my life, and greatly look forward to a normal, blood-free and HAPPY Halloween next year!!